booting kernel with kvm

Bruno Guedes Souto brunoguedes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:28:49 EDT 2014

harisha ja <harisha.ja <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have windows 7 system and I have installed ubuntu using vmware. I have
installed KVM on ubuntu and I am trying to boot the kernal image with KVM. But
I am not sure what is the problem. I am stuck in this screen. Is something I
am missing here?

May I ask WHY are you trying to virtualization inside a virtualized system (as
Paul Bolle stated)?

I ask because IMHO it would be much easier to just boot your new kernel on
your already virtualized machine or simply install ubuntu on your pc and avoid
the whole virtualization "inception" thing.

Regards

BGS