using SD card on Broadcom 4709 eval board

Abu Rasheda rcpilot2010 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 17:46:36 EST 2014

I have been trying to use SD card on Broadcom's 4709 eval board. Linux
kernel tree provided with SDK seems to have few SDIO drivers, but non
of them seems to be working or more accurately, loading them does not
list device in /proc/devices, so I can create block file to mount it.

After googling and searching through Linux kernel tree, it seems like
B43_SDIO is correct option to turn on, since the controller seems to
be on the Broadcom CPU (4709) process itself (am I correct ?).

So if B43_SDIO is correct option, I have not been able to turn it on
(when running make menuconfig). as it is not showing up.

depends on B43 && SSB_SDIOHOST_POSSIBLE && EXPERIMENTAL,

off the above B43 is only shows up in arch/ppc, which does not make
sense, as this CPU is arm based.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks