Userspace agent crash and kernel module

Jeff Haran Jeff.Haran at citrix.com
Fri Nov 21 13:37:18 EST 2014

If your module provided an fd to user space I suppose you could leverage the os's attempt to close all open fds of a process when that process terminates. I believe a character driver's release callback will get called in this case. Not sure how reliable this would be though. Generally it does sound like an awkward way to manage a device.

Jeff Haran