build a kernel over a mounted NFS partition

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:00:13 EST 2014

Hi,
I have a question regarding building a kernel over a mounted NFS partition.
I can arrange such a setup, where an NFS server with 1Gb nic will be
connected to
a very strong server (but where I do not have enough stoage for
putting a kernel + it object files).
The question is - does it worth it ? or building by NFS is too much
expensive because of the overhead ?
more details:
The strong server, on which I intend to build, has about 4 time more
CPU power than the NFS server. My question is: what is the expected
behaviour ?  is the fact that I am building on that strong server over
a 1GB network connection incurs such a performance cost so that I will
have about two times (over even more, like 3 times or more) than
building the kernel on the strong machine ?

Regards,
Kevin