[SOLVED] Re: 2.6.10 no boot

Marcello Stanisci stanisci.m at gmail.com
Fri May 16 19:34:20 EDT 2014

Dear friends,

the problem is that GRUB2 does not like version 2.6.10. I created a
liveCd with isolinux + kernel 2.6.10 and the system boots up fine with
it.
So the most modern toolchain able to build 2.6.10 correctly that I tested is:

gcc 3.4,
binutils 2.22.
this patch (it fix errors raised up by binutils 2.22 (and maybe lesser
ones)) -> www.kernel.org/pub/linux/devel/binutils/linux-2.6-seg-5.patch,
...and avoid grub2!!

Greetings,
Marcello.