[Eudyptula Challenge] Not receiving tasks.

Lucas Tanure tanure at linux.com
Sat May 3 06:10:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

I sent my task two over two days ago and didn't receive the task 03.
I already sent 6 times the task 02 answer, but I got nothing instead.
I used mutt, and a python script.
The first time that I sent was two days ago.

Has Eudyptula Challenge died ?
Is down for a few days ?

Thanks a Lot.

--
Lucas Tanure

The Python script

tanure at archNote  email $ cat sender.py
#!/usr/bin/python3
from smtplib import SMTP
from itertools import chain
from errno import ECONNREFUSED
from mimetypes import guess_type
from subprocess import Popen, PIPE
from email.mime.base import MIMEBase
from email.mime.text import MIMEText
from socket import error as SocketError
from email.mime.multipart import MIMEMultipart
from os.path import abspath, basename, expanduser
import getpass

# Define ID
id_eudyptula = '[404ba4c8fd16]'

# Define email addresses to use
addr_to   = 'little at eudyptula-challenge.org'
addr_from = 'tanure at linux.com'

# Define SMTP email server details
smtp_server = SMTP("smtp.gmail.com",587)
smtp_user   = 'ltanure at gmail.com'
smtp_pass   = getpass.getpass()

def get_mimetype(filename):
    content_type, encoding = guess_type(filename)
    if content_type is None or encoding is not None:
        content_type = "application/octet-stream"
    return content_type.split("/", 1)

def mimify_file(filename):
    filename = abspath(expanduser(filename))
    basefilename = basename(filename)

    msg = MIMEBase(*get_mimetype(filename))
    msg.set_payload(open(filename, "r").read())
    msg.add_header("Content-Disposition", "attachment",
filename=basefilename)
    #encode_base64(msg)
    return msg

def send_email(subject, text, files):
    # Prepare Message
    msg = MIMEMultipart()
    msg.preamble = subject
    msg.add_header("From", addr_from)
    msg.add_header("Subject", id_eudyptula + ' ' + subject)
    msg.add_header("To",addr_to)

    # Attach the main text
    msg.attach(MIMEText(text))

    # Attach any files
    [msg.attach(mimify_file(filename)) for filename in files]

    # Contact local SMTP server and send Message
    try:
        smtp_server.ehlo()
        smtp_server.starttls()
        smtp_server.ehlo()
        smtp_server.login(smtp_user, smtp_pass)
        smtp_server.sendmail(addr_from, addr_to, msg.as_string())
        smtp_server.quit()
    except SocketError as e:
        print(e)

if __name__ == "__main__":