Fwd: Adding custom system calls

arun kumar arunkr.linux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:20:27 EDT 2014

yeah it does seems like a homework question..

I remember doing it on KernelVersion: 2.6 by modifying some files including
unistd.h writing a wrapper for it and writing the code for it. This
included some tweaking inside the /arch subtree of the kernel.
my intentions are entirely academic.

Currently working on kernelVer: 3.12.14
I am somewhat struggling to comprehend the changes (steep learning curve),
if you could guide me on what files to look for, i am sure i can find my
way from there.

and Thanks Greg.
--big fan :)