[GSoC] universal list of syscalls

Edson Ticona edson.ticona at jro.igp.gob.pe
Tue Mar 18 10:00:51 EDT 2014

Hi
My name is Edson Ticona. I was planning to participate in gsoc for
strace in a project related to multiarch support, and they suggested
me to check for this post
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.cross-arch/21821
in the linux-arch mailing list so I think it might be better to help
in the kernel as it would be useful not just to strace.
What I have done so far is to write a system call for some
architectures (x86, arm, sparc and microblaze) in order to understand
how this part of the kernel works. I am doing the test with qemu. The
post is pretty clear so maybe I could work in those archs and the
tools for user space to expose this.
Since this is not in any ideas list I would like some feedback and ask
if someone could mentor this project.

Cheers
Edson