is there any faster way to download using git?

Sankar P sankar.curiosity at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 03:51:14 EDT 2014

I believe you may be from India. git clone
https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux
may be a slightly better choice. It is a mirror maintained by google.
But we have pathetic internet speeds in India and so this mirror is
more like putting lipstick on a pig :(

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to download following git branch
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
>
> But it is downloading very slow with speed of 10-40 KB/s.
> So I was wondering is there any faster way to download this branch.
>
> Regards
> Rahul

Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com