Process memory

Anil SB askb23 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:30:19 EDT 2014

> I am referring to the committed memory size not RSS.

IMU - you could get the committed_as for the entire system easily
(using "grep Committed_AS /proc/meminfo"), normally its the kernel
responsibility to keep track of the over-committed memory, the process
will not get to see an actual increase in RSS unless the process
starts using the requested / malloc()-ed memory. It should be possibly
to notice an increase in VIRT (from top) or VSZ (valgrind) when the
committed_AS for a process goes up.