Creating Patches

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Tue Jun 3 17:03:27 EDT 2014

On Die, 2014-06-03 at 22:15 +0530, me storage wrote:
[...]
> My doubt is how to create patch file which contains the modifications only
> i.e lines with "+" only why because for example initially if a file
> contains 1000 rows after i changed 2 lines but in the patch file it is
> taking entire 1000+2 lines.So is there any way to generate patch with only
> modified lines?

Well, you are extrapolating from your simple (and thus quite small) lab
test to the (big;-) reality without actually trying it.
That is more often than not not working anyways (and IMHO it doesn't
work at all in almost all cases).

So it would have been better to actually to simply try a `diff` (with
and without `git`) on a file with 1000 lines.

Kind regards,
	Bernd
--
"What happens when you read some doc and either it doesn't answer your
question or is demonstrably wrong? In Linux, you say "Linux sucks" and