remote devices

Pranay Srivastava pranjas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 00:21:26 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:42 AM, riya khanna <riyakhanna1983 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pranay,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out! I was wondering if it is possible to use
> a remote GPU through /dev/gpu.

You would need to modify the nfs client code i think for this. But
since it's a device file and if you don't have a fixed major number
that could be a problem since you wouldn't want to change any other
device files behavior with your installation of file ops.

Have you thought of doing a server/client instead of doing it via NFS.
If it's just GPU you care about maybe you can have a client/server of
your own that can communicate for the GPU exclusively. Perhaps you can
give it a try and then see if NFS is better option.

--
        ---P.K.S