doubt with git and linux-next

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:06:26 EDT 2014

Hi,
I am having some doubt regarding git and how to sync my local copy
with linux-next. I have cloned it and the next day if I want to sync
my master with linux-next , i am using :
git remote update
git pull master

Then it is giving some messages about some conflicts. For example If i
am trying to sync with todays tree (next-20140725) i got some
conflicts. So to merge the conflicts I used
git commit -a
but then git status is showing "Your branch is ahead of
'master/master' by 271 commits"
then i used  : git reset --hard master , so now git status is showing
"include/linux/mvebu-v7-cpuidle.h"  as an untracked file ...
Can you anyone please tell me what is the actual and proper way to
sync with that days tree ..

Thanks in advance
Sudip