[PowerPC] - Define error in arch/arch/powerpc/boot/io.h ??

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jul 24 11:43:39 EDT 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:19:37 +0200, Kristof Provost said:
> On 2014-07-24 09:00:22 (-0300), Lucas Tanure <tanure at linux.com> wrote:
> > Line 2 of arch/arch/powerpc/boot/io.h :
> >
> >  1  #ifndef _IO_H
> >  2  #define __IO_H
> >  3
> >  4  #include "types.h"
> >
> > Should be _IO_H, not __IO_H. I'm right ?
> >
> That certainly looks wrong. It's also been wrong since October 2006, so
> it's probably not actually causing problems.

On the other hand, it would probably be a *really* good idea to test compile
it on a powerpc box, see if it shakes out any latent bugs.  All that fixing
this will do is stop us from over-including io.h (and thus types.h) - but if
there's any code that breaks because we don't include types.h and they don't
pick it up otherwise.....

(In other words, it's probably not causing a problem, but it *could* potentially
be papering over a problem elsewhere...)