module_param does not work in Ubuntu 13.10 - Kernel 3.10.0-4

dora babu dora.nitw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:22:02 EDT 2014

Hi Kernelnewbies,

Subject : module_param does not work in Ubuntu 13.10 - Kernel 3.10.0-4

For the thread in your mailing list, I would like to suggest the person who
posted question that he is not able to pass the parameters to the module in
their product.

I would like them to check the 'insmod' binary behaviour. If they are using
'busybox'(insmod a softlink to it) for inserting the module with
parameters, I would like to suggest them to try with 'insmod' generated out
of its source code(compile or available over internet but not the one
provided by busybox).

I recently faced the same issue, and it turned out to be the issue with the
busybox and worked perfectly fine with the insmod I compiled locally.

--
Thanks & Regards,