How to automate checkpatch && get_maintainers && git send-email of commits range?

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:24:15 EDT 2014

> On 18/07/2014 17:38, Andrey Utkin wrote:
>> Is there script for automated checkpatch.pl && get_maintainers.pl &&
>> git send-email for range of commits? I see none. Would it be welcome
>> to submit such one to kernel tree?

> You can use `splitpatch` to split a patch into multiple mails with the
> correct mailing list and maintainers. It generates a script to
> chain-send these emails using `cocci-send-email` (a modified version of
> `git-send-email`).
>
> Both are available in the `tools/` directory of coccinelle's
> distribution <http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/>.

Thank you for this info, but it doesn't match exactly what i seek for.
I'd like to automate checking and sending exactly of range of git
commits, or of a set of files generated by git-format-patch.
I also cannot use cocci-send-email because it doesn't pick To: and Cc:
lines which i inject into git-format-patch-formatted files. And i
don't know tools to format the patches in "The original format used by
Greg Kroah-Hartman's send_lots_of_email.pl script".
My target should be to
- check all patches,
- find set of email addresses to Cc for each patch,
- send them at once to correct sets of addresses, entering SMTP
password only once if it is not stored in git-config.

>> Is there script for automated checkpatch.pl && get_maintainers.pl &&
>> git send-email for range of commits? I see none. Would it be welcome
>> to submit such one to kernel tree?
>
> Spurious checkpatch.pl changes increasing number of git-blame
> "false positives" are more than enough.

Alexey, sorry, I completely don't get you, could you please elaborate
your reply?

--
Andrey Utkin