what does nr_iowait_cpu() do?

shhuiw shhuiw at 163.com
Tue Jul 15 01:59:46 EDT 2014

Right.  I found the following code snippet:

3715 /*
3716  * This task is about to go to sleep on IO. Increment rq->nr_iowait so
3717  * that process accounting knows that this is a task in IO wait state.
3718  */
3719 void __sched io_schedule(void)
3720 {
3721         struct rq *rq = raw_rq();
3722
3723         delayacct_blkio_start();
3724         atomic_inc(&rq->nr_iowait);
3725         blk_flush_plug(current);
3726         current->in_iowait = 1;
3727         schedule();
3728         current->in_iowait = 0;
3729         atomic_dec(&rq->nr_iowait);
3730         delayacct_blkio_end();
3731 }
3732 EXPORT_SYMBOL(io_schedule);

--