Problems with Linux next tree

Benedict Börger benedict.boerger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 16:57:25 EDT 2014

Hi Lucas,

On 14.07.2014 22:07, Lucas Tanure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My local clone of linux-tree always fails to update.
> When I run git pull origin master, I got a :
> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>
> So, How I can keep my local tree updated ? No matter what.
>
> Thanks

First, you have to update your local copy with git fetch origin.
Then you can list all available tags with git tag -l next-*. The last
one is the latest one. Afterwards you can check it out with git checkout
next-WHATEVER. You are now in detached HEAD mode, so you maybe want to
create a new branch.

Benedict