Eudyptula Challenge

Arlie Stephens arlie at worldash.org
Fri Jul 11 19:33:08 EDT 2014

On Jun 25 2014, Javier wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is it convenient to work on our main kernel on this projects?
> Or, would  you suggest using a different partition kernel to practice this?
>
> I am afraid of messing up my work computer.
> Thank you.

Personally, I'd consider using a virtual machine for testing rather
than having the same machine sometimes be a kernel-test system and
sometimes be my work environment.

With the right virtual environment, you'll even get good support for
debugging a flaky guest. But even without that, you're still ahead if
you can keep your main/development/compile box up while testing.

Arlie

(Arlie Stephens					arlie at worldash.org)