Getting an obscure driver into mainline

Kieran Kunhya kieran618 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:52:21 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have reverse engineered a driver for Sony SxS memory cards which are
expresscards used in professional cameras. Unfortunately I haven't
figured out how to make it work with DMA as used in the block device
API; currently it only works with a memcpy. I'm not really sure if I'm
using the block device API incorrectly and was told to ask here (and
cc GKH) since I didn't hear much from lkml.

My code is here: https://github.com/kierank/sxs-linux

What is the next step for getting this into mailing and who is the
person to ask about block device DMA?

Kieran