Updating a driver quirk in kernel

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 03:36:07 EST 2014

Is this driver loaded as a kernel module? If so, you only need to rebuild
the module against your target kernel and distribute the new module to the
various machines.

If it's a builtin driver, then it'll be a little more involved. If
distributing the new kernel is not feasible have a look at KSplice like
features for hot-patching your kernel.

HTH,
-mandeep