GPIO Muxing

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 06:09:54 EST 2014

> Hi ,
>
> I have one driver that calls gpio_request and holds on to it. When another
> driver requests for the same gpio, it failes giving EBUSY. Anyway i can
> force the gpio request in 2nd driver?

You can modify the GPIO driver to do what you are asking. But that is not
recommended.
If you want to multiplex same GPIO pin between two drivers , then I will
suggest you make a middle layer driver which will actually register the
GPIO. Your other drivers will send the GPIO requests to this middle layer
driver. And your middle layer driver should receive the requests and
forward the requests to the GPIO , but again take care to use semaphores in
proper places otherwise , you will never get the desired output.

Regards
Sudip