Setting config when using 'make menuconfig'

m silverstri michael.j.silverstri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:51:47 EST 2014

I create a new config with my Kconfig, like this:

config VIDEO_MY_DRIVER
    bool "my driver"
    default y
    depends on VIDEO_DEV && VIDEO_V4L2
    select V4L2_MEM2MEM_DEV
    ---help---
      This is a my driver

When I run 'make menuconfig' and when I search for
'CONFIG_VIDEO_MY_DRIVER', I See it.

 Symbol: VIDEO_MY_DRIVER [=n]
  │ Type  : boolean
  │ Prompt: my driver                                                        │
  │   Location:
  │     -> Device Drivers
  │ (1)   -> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y])
  │   Defined at drivers/media/platform/mydriver/Kconfig:5
  │   Depends on: MEDIA_SUPPORT [=y] && VIDEO_DEV [=n] && VIDEO_V4L2
[=n]
  │   Selects: V4L2_MEM2MEM_DEV [=n]
  │

But when I want to set it, I go to 'Device Drivers'-> 'Multimedia
Support', I don't find the option to set it.

Can you please tell me if I make a mistake in my 'Kconfig' or where
should I look for when I try to set it under 'Device Drivers'?