How can I add a new program to 'samples' directory

m silverstri michael.j.silverstri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:23:36 EST 2014

I am trying to add a sample 'v4l2-mfc-encoder' program to
'{raspberrypi dir}linux/samples/'

The 'v4l2-mfc-encoder' program's Makefile is built using 'arm gcc':

# Toolchain path
TCPATH = arm-linux-gnueabi-
KERNELHEADERS = /home/kamil/praca/w1-party/kernel/headers/include

CC = ${TCPATH}gcc
AR = "${TCPATH}ar rc"
AR2 = ${TCPATH}ranlib make -j4

But when I compile raspberry bi source, I get error saying:

/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot find
samples/v4l2-mfc-encoder/built-in.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [samples/built-in.o] Error 1
make[1]: Target `__build' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 2
make: Target `_all' not remade because of errors.

What does it mean by 'built-in.o' No Such File or directory? There is
no built-in.o in my 'v4l2-mfc-encoder' Make file.