Error in Make for Kernel Module

Jeff Haran Jeff.Haran at citrix.com
Tue Jan 7 16:44:21 EST 2014

You don't say whether you are attempting to build your module out of the kernel source tree or not.
Assuming you are trying to build out of the tree, this is more or less what I do:

$ cat Makefile
all:
        make -C <path to top of kernel source tree you are building for> M=<path to directory your module source is in>

clean:
        make -C  <path to top of kernel source tree you are building for> M=<path to directory your module source is in> clean
$

$ cat Kbuild
obj-m += Hello_World.o
$