Help request: Blocking access to USB mass storage device across momentary power loss

Rick Ramstetter rick.ramstetter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:57:15 EST 2014

I sent the following email to "Matthew Dharm" whose name appears in Linux
2.6.35's "scsiglue.c" as that file's primary maintainer. I realize in
retrospect I should have messaged the kernelnewbies and/or linux-usb lists
first.

To summarize the below text,
"what we're hoping to do ... is reset the SD cards ... via a drop of the
appropriate power rail ...  such that in progress userspace calls to read()
and write() are blocked until the hardware completes its power on
initialization sequence"