Kernel Development

subham soni sonikernel1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 12:24:31 EST 2014

Hello,
        I am a newbie to kernel development. I would like to develop my own
kernel from scratch. From where should I start from? I have a good
experience of the commands in Linux (Ubuntu,Fedora,Debian,Slackware). I
googled out and I came to know that I should start from Device Drivers. Now
which device driver should I code? Or should I master Shell Scripting? For
developing a kernel (my aim here would be to increase the battery life,
since most laptops have only 1.30 hrs or 2.00 hrs in Linux OS) and 3.00 hrs
in Windows Environment. How should I start and from where?