Cpu Freq Merge with Scheduler

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Dec 18 13:23:50 EST 2014

Quoting nick <xerofoify at gmail.com>:

> Greetings Fellow Developers,

> I am curious about the work going into making the kernel scheduler
> more CPU power efficient. I have done some googling on this and
> am curious about what how is going into the ideas/patches for this work.

> Nick

   OFFS ... why are you asking about a clearly advanced kernel feature
on the kernel *newbies* list? And by the way, Nick, this is another
of your less endearing features -- your habit of posting one or two
line posts, effectively saying, "I am interested in topic <X>, could
everyone drop what they're doing and explain it to me in astonishing
detail to save me the trouble of doing any work?"

   You've done this before -- the networking stack, BTRFS, and probably
more. Rather than do enough research to ask *detailed* and *specific*
questions, you instead simply request that people here explain something
to you, and it's getting kind of tiring.

   Do your own research. Stop asking everyone else to do it for you.

rday