kernel: [154858.820009] [drm:i915_hangcheck_elapsed] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 15 17:54:10 EST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:17:32 -0600, Chris said:

> I believe I understand Valdis, what kind of actions would need to be
> taken to track this down, if it's possible, or to simply fix the problem
> once and for all?

The assumption is "this problem" is only one problem.  At last count, there's
been like 947 similar bugs with the i915 (possibly a slight exaggeration).
About all you can do here is turn on i915 debugging and dump the entrails
that result on the i915 maintainers and hope they can figure out what went
wrong *this* time....