Bad Commit for Current Lockups

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Dec 11 10:08:17 EST 2014

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:37:26 -0500, nick said:

> I send Dave, what I feel is the bad commit for the current lockups found in
> kernel 3.18 r4. The bad commit I believe is 4995ab9cf512e9a6cc07dfd6b1d4e2fc48ce7fef
> as it does touch the TLB code in the function that is most likely causing issues.

Have you actually confirmed this with a git bisect, and/or tested with this
commit reverted on a system that easily locks up, or have a good explanation
why the TLB code is at fault, or what function you think is most likely causing
issues, and why?

Bonus points for explaining *why* the code refactoring in that commit
is wrong.

/me makes popcorn. This should be interesting....