a question on linux header extraction

Chan Kim ckim at etri.re.kr
Mon Aug 25 20:41:50 EDT 2014

Sadly there was no response to my previous email but I send this in the hope it be of any help to anyone like me.
This problem was solved the other day and the main problem was I had a varaible _KERNEL_ defined for busybox building (from misunderstanding).
So when I replace the kernel header (from the compiler's standard include path) it works just fine without rebuilding glibc.
Chan

보낸 사람 : "Chan Kim" <ckim at etri.re.kr>
보낸 날짜 : 2014-08-20 11:36:29 ( +09:00 )
받는 사람 : kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org <kernelnewbies at kernelnewbies.org>
참조 :
제목 : a question on linux header extraction

Hello,

I'm using linux3.3 and recently while building busybox for a new command, found the BB uses linux kernel headers.
So I looked up the internet and did 'make headers_install ARCH=.. CROSS_COMPILE=.. INSTALL_HDR_PATH=..'.
Then I used the new header files instead of files under sparc-snake-linux/sys-include.
But I had to copy over some missing files from the sys-include to the new header directories and had to copy some missiong definitions from the sys-include files to the corresponing file in the new header files.
Is this what I am supposed to do? (why are there some missing files? Doesn't it work well for versions later than 2.6?)
And do I have to build the glibc again with this new header files? (I'm using glibc for busybox)
any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Chan