Questions for Storage Engineers

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Aug 19 15:32:38 EDT 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:05:25 -0400, Nick Krause said:
> I can get the information :). I been banned from the list so I can't
> get them involved directly and it's better

You *do* realize that the btrfs maintainers haven't been banned from
anyplace, and have enough name recognition that if they want info, they
can go talk to people themselves, right?

In other words, what's the value-added that you're providing here?

Oh, and if IBM wants a feature in Linux, they in general don't make a mention
of what feature they want - they *submit a patch*, properly tested, with
benchmarks, documentation, and matching userspace tool patches.