one thing at a time

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 08:13:58 EDT 2014

On August 18, 2014 10:59:05 PM EDT, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Rik van Riel <riel at surriel.com>
>wrote:
>Beagle-boards first.
>more about this
>this part of
>>> Nick,
>>>
>>> the Linux kernel requires a lot of focus.
>>>
>>> I have no doubt that you are smart enough to learn
>>> things about the Linux kernel, but nobody is smart
>>> enough to learn everything at once. Nobody.
>>>
>>> If you are serious about learning Linux kernel internals,
>>> it would be good to focus on one thing at a time.
>>>
>>> One thing. Learn everything about it, before moving on
>>> to the next topic.
>>>
>>> Kernel hacking is much more about attitude than about
>>> aptitude. Focus is the key.

>> Absolutely, I am trying to learn btrfs and networking for now.
>> Cheers Nick
>My issue now is that due to my issues I can't mail the right list for
>being
>banned for my questions. If someone wants to talk to the other
>developers
>about removing the ban that would be great and very helpful as I can my
>questions to the right maintainers/developers.
>Cheers Nick

I checked my watch, then my sundial, and finally my calendar.  All said check back after beard has grown 6 additional inches.

I have no idea if you will ever be un-banned, but it certainly not going to happen in 2014.  I doubt seriously it will happen in 2015.

You do realize that most of the kernel devs do it both for a living and out of sheer love of the work.  Your participation the last few months impacted both in a negative way.  I've never heard of anyone being banned before, so you are novel.  None of us how long the blackball will stay in place, maybe forever.

Greg