fd type from number

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 08:04:12 EDT 2014

On August 18, 2014 8:46:16 PM EDT, Loris Degioanni <loris at draios.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for an efficient way to determine the type of an fd (file,
>socket...) given its number, from a kernel module.
>The closest thing I found by looking at the kernel sources is
>sockfd_lookup(), which works but is limited to telling me if the fd is
>socket or not.
>
>Is there something else I can look at?
>
>Thank you in advance.

Loris,

Apparently you replied to a different email then changed the subject.  Email clients that thread conversations based on "in-reply-to" will lump your supposedly new thread in with the one you replied to.  That guarantees a reduced audience of readers, especially considering the email you replied to.

You should repost by composing a brand new email.

Greg