Kernel Compilation Error

Pramod Gurav pramod.gurav.etc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 03:21:28 EDT 2014

Hi Sharief,

It would always be better if you can provide the details of things you
are doing and steps you have carried out until it failed.
But if I can guess it right you are trying to upgrade kernel on local
machine which is x86 based. The failure seems while trying to install
newly compiled modules from new kernel(3.15).

I am not sure if your compilation has gone well but I think you should
be root to install kernel and modules.
Try to install the kernel and moudules as root as it installs them in
path which is not accessible to user(under /).

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Niamathullah sharief
<newbiesha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends
>
> Please advice me what to do for the below error which i am getting while
> install modules
>
> when i give "make modules_install" command i am getting the following error
>

> [root at localhost linux-3.15.1]# make modules_install
>   INSTALL arch/x86/crypto/crc32-pclmul.ko
> Can't read private key
> make[1]: *** [arch/x86/crypto/crc32-pclmul.ko] Error 2
> make: *** [_modinst_] Error 2
>

> Please help me
>
> Regards
> Sharief