one thing at a time

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Mon Aug 18 22:06:04 EDT 2014

On 08/18/2014 01:13 PM, Nick Krause wrote:
> Valdis,
> I was interested in both at the same time, just asked about Beagle-boards first.
> I aren't having any difficulty with it , I just wanted to known more about this
> area as the docs out there are terrible and not worth reading on this part of
> the networking stack.
Nick,

the Linux kernel requires a lot of focus.

I have no doubt that you are smart enough to learn
things about the Linux kernel, but nobody is smart
enough to learn everything at once. Nobody.

If you are serious about learning Linux kernel internals,
it would be good to focus on one thing at a time.

One thing. Learn everything about it, before moving on
to the next topic.

Kernel hacking is much more about attitude than about
aptitude. Focus is the key.