TCP/UDP

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Aug 18 12:57:20 EDT 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:25:53 -0400, Nick Krause said:
> Hey Guys,
> After Searching the kernel Docs there is very little information on
> this for new developers. I want to know more about how
> the kernel code is written to handle TCP/UDP as even with Google and
> kernel programming books it's not good enough to
> learn how to write code for this particular subsystem at a high level.

Do we need to stick a "CAUTION: NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE" sticker
on there before you get the hint?

Let me quote a mail of yours from less than 24 hours ago:

> Further more I learn really fast  in my areas of interest, after my first year
> of programming I was already have build my own distro of Linux from Scratch,
> and after my second year was learning how to program embedded bootloaders and
> the like.  I am not lying this is no joke

If this is the truth, you should be having *zero* difficulty with
the Linux network stack.

Anyhow, I'm not feeling like digging up any good references for you,
because I have zero guarantee it's worth my time.  Beagleboads apparently
lasted all of 36 hours - why should I dig up references fo something that
you probably won't be interested in by the time I finish typing the mail?