How to add x32 ABI support to PCI driver

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Aug 12 02:26:20 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:07:32PM -0700, Omkar Houddin wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
> I working on a char device driver. It is mostly based on the the scull device
> driver in the LDD book.
> It controls a HBA sitting on the PCIe BUS.

What type of "Host Bus Adapter" needs to be a char driver?  What
userspace programs are talking to this device?  Why do you need to be a
kernel driver at all and not just a UIO userspace driver?

Anyway, there's nothing "special" you need to do for x32 that you
shouldn't have already done properly for your char interface to handle a
mixture of 32/64bit kernel and userspace issues.  So again, nothing
should change, other than making sure you properly handle mixed
user/kernel bit sizes properly.

Do you have a pointer to your source code anywhere?

thanks,

greg k-h