CentOS 7.0 NFS dual mount

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 07:03:49 EDT 2014

Hi,

     I have a customized stackable filesystem(an extension of wrapfs or
eCryptFS) which actually mounts over lower filesystems and even Network
filesystems such as NFS and CIFS.

I mount this filesystem in init.d service and everything was working fine.
Now I have ported my filesystem on CentOS-7 and everything is working fine
except that I get two NFS mount points at startup. (Ofcourse I have added
the NFS entry in fstab.)

Since this issue was not coming on any previous versions of CentOS/RHEL
except  CentOS-7/RHEL-7.0, I researched as to was has changed in the boot
order and system startup. There is a big difference with the introduction
of systemd, which tries to parallelize the startup of services, whereas
this process has been serial with the init daemon.

Can this be related with the problem I am facing?. Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Saket Sinha