Help with git

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Aug 8 14:28:54 EDT 2014

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 14:18:50 -0400, Nick Krause said:

> Thanks for the notice , if there are any bugs that are simple for a
> newbie on Linus's tree I would be glad to help out there.

This isn't the kernel it was 8 or 10 years ago.  There's not a lot of
low-hanging fruit left - that's why the kernel-janitors project died
out 5 years or so ago.  And if you find a 'FIX ME' in the kernel, *resist*
the temptation to do so - outside of drivers/staging, a 'FIX ME' is a sign
that there be dragons lurking and even the guy who wrote the code and the
maintainer haven't figured out how to fix it.