Bad Patches and Issues with other devolopers

Nick Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:43:56 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there any way to fix this or am I just unemployable.
>> Cheers Nick
>
> Get married and take your wife's name!
>
> Being more realistic, get good at a specific subsystem and earn a good
> reputation in that subsystem.  If you're lucky someone will get to
> know your reputation and get you a shot regardless that you got off on
> the wrong foot.
>
> More importantly, except for kernel trainers like Robert, most
> companies hire linux kernel subsystem developers, not linux kernel
> developers.  Thus you need to find a part of the kernel you want to
> delve into and get really good at just it.
>
> You can also research who the companies are that employ kernel
> developers and see which subsystems they are working in.  As an
> example Redhat employs a couple of the XFS developers.  SUSE employs
> one of the mdraid developers, etc.
>
> Greg
>

> --
> Greg Freemyer
I was really worried , that I would have to give up on this goal,
but thanks for the advice. I am interested in working in schedulers,
file systems and  networking. If you guys want to help me , just
tell me how to get started and again to all the maintainers, I feel
terrible about wasting your time.
Sorry and thanks A lot,
Nick