apt-get is not working properly

Niamathullah sharief newbiesha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:55:33 EDT 2014

Actually it is not only my distro problem.

I am trying to compile kernel in Ubuntu.

I am getting the following error and i am unable to rectify it.

*mamse at mamse-ThinkCentre-M80:~/linux-3.15.8$ make menuconfig *** Unable to
find the ncurses libraries or the *** required header files. *** 'make
menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries. ***  *** Install ncurses
(ncurses-devel) and try again. *** make[1]: ***
[scripts/kconfig/dochecklxdialog] Error 1make: *** [menuconfig] Error
2mamse at mamse-ThinkCentre-M80:~/linux-3.15.8$*