Contributing to the device driver staging section of the linux tree

Kashyap Gada gada.kashyap at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:27:28 EDT 2014

Hello,

I want to re start the code clean up stuff in the staging branch of drivers
in the linux tree. I have done this before some time back on the 2.6
branch. I want to get back to atleast start off again (I am learning
developing device drivers) to be active in the community.

My question is that the latest linux kernel is 3.x there have been so many
versions of it since 2.6. So how to decide which branch we should be
working on and which is relevant enought in todays time.

Thanks
Kashyap Gada
gada.kashyap at gmail.com