Dcache_lock replacement

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 14:56:44 EDT 2013

I have a driver which I have ported from 2.6.18 kernel to 3.8 kernel. Now  the
driver has become unstable when I ported it to 3.8 kernel.

Since lot of things have changed from 2.6.18 to 3.8 and I have taken a lot
of care to replace the old kernel APIs with the newer ones but then too
there have been certain things I haven't been able to replace and
dcache_lock is one of them.

Due to the absence of dcache_lock, I have not been able to properly lock
stuff and writing/reading data that are being changed that maybe one of the
reasons for instability.

I specifically list down the link to my kernel driver below where
I haven't been able to do the same, below-
https://github.com/HeisSpiter/hepunion/blob/master/fs/hepunion/helpers.c#L373

If someone can suggest an alternative, I shall be grateful.

Regards,
Saket Sinha