need advice on howto access memory from fpga and cpu

Kai kai at kunfoo.org
Wed Oct 30 10:26:38 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 04:20:30PM +0530, srinivas bakki wrote:
> But otherwise am wondering why would you need to tell the FPGA these
> kernel mapped addresses ? How is it connected to the memory module ?

The FPGA seems to have direct access to the memory. If I would allocate
memory for the framebuffer dynamically, I would first have to find out
the physical adress of this area, and then tell it to the FPGA, so it
can read the frames from there. We are implementing a "GPU" on the FPGA
here, or at least something that's reading frames from the RAM, to send
it to the VGA port.
--
Grüße, Kai

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"