Packet Loss

Kristof Provost kristof at sigsegv.be
Mon Oct 28 08:14:24 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-28 17:32:43 (+0530), Robert Clove <cloverobert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kind of Packets :- *UDP*
> How are you generating them? :-* Packeth (
> http://packeth.sourceforge.net/packeth/Home.html)*
> kernel version : uname -r -   *2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64
> *
> Are you *SURE* you're sending 1000? - *ya checked through packeth status
> bar and also through ifconfig command*
> I have connected them through LAN cable (cat 6) back to back.
>
> Changed cable but no use.
> What should i do?

Break down the problem. Get that smart switch to tell you if the packets
are lost by the sender of the receiver.

Test if it's bidirectional (i.e. does it still happen if the switch the
sender and receiver)?

Does it still happen if you send only 100 packets? Do you still lose 30%
then, or do you lose more or less?

Perhaps try a kernel that isn't nearly five years old too.

Also, don't top-post.

Regards,
Kristof