Determining 32bit or 64bit OS from a running kernel module

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 01:46:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

I want to write a kernel module which depends on the kernel type (32 or 64
bit). There are some lines of code which I want to be included in the
module if and only if the kernel is 32 bit and some lines of code which
should be included if kernel is 64 bit.

Is there anything like #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,26) for
this case ?

I know we have CONFIG_X86_64 and CONFIG_X86_32 for  x86 architecture but
how do I exactly check it in my module code?

Regards,

Saket Sinha