Problems with of_find_compatible_node

chrishell chris at chrishell.de
Tue Oct 1 11:39:53 EDT 2013

Hello out there,
I got a problem with the kernel function "of_find_compatible_node". I
use it with:   np = of_find_compatible_node(NULL,NULL,
"xilinx,cpld-led"); or with   np = of_find_compatible_node(NULL,NULL,
"cpld-led"); but none of this works, because I get a null-pointer back.
But it suppose to work? The target is a PPC-walnut-board.
Which is the mechanism behind this function, which namespace is parsed
in order to detect devices on the board? Can I parse the whole namespace
in order to list up all devices?

What else can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance...

Regards /chris