How to contribute to latest -rc kernel?

Fan Du fan.du at windriver.com
Tue Nov 26 20:20:52 EST 2013

On 2013年11月26日 05:17, Arvid Brodin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How would I go ahead to send a patch for the latest -rc kernel?
>
> Specifically:
>
> * What tree to diff against? (Linus'?)
> * To which list do I send the patch?
>
> Background: I've contributed a new network driver that is now in 3.13-rc1. I
> would like to fix it so that it behaves better with iproute. Strictly speaking
> this isn't a bug fix, but the driver is going to be quite useless without
> iproute support, and that won't be there until this fix is in the kernel.

Almost every subsystem has its own next git tree, since it's a networking driver
issue, please verify your fix against net-next:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/

And send the patch to netdev maillist:
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#netdev

You need also CC the driver maintainer by looking at linux_source_code/MAINTAINERS,
or using ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl.

> --
> Arvid Brodin | Consultant (Linux)
> ALTEN | Knarrarnäsgatan 7 | SE-164 40 Kista | Sweden
> arvid.brodin at alten.se | www.alten.se/en/

浮沉随浪只记今朝笑

--fan fan