Best practice to lock a read/write to a HW register

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:30:39 EST 2013

Ideally, it depends on the platform you are working. You need to discuss
with them for the correct approach. For Qualcomm they have some hardware
caled as RPU(Register protection unit). They have systems calls exposed for
using them. You can associtate it to the register you want protection. I
dont know if there is any way you could do it in Linux itself?

Regards,
Sandeep